DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY OF LUMPKIN COUNTY
REQUEST FOR DESIGN SERVICES
MAY 6, 2019
I. Background & Intent:
The Carl Vinson Institute of Government recently completed a project assisting Lumpkin County to update the language and organization of the County’s land use regulations. The Lumpkin County Board of Commissioners are interested in conducting further analysis of the land use requirements of Lumpkin County’s Gateway Corridor, along State Hwy 400 from the County line north to the intersection of Hwy 115. In order to accomplish this, the Board of Commissioners intends to engage the services of Carl Vinson Institute of Government.
Carl Vinson’s scope of work will be to provide an input questionnaire for county elected officials and staff, conduct two stakeholder meetings, assist with legal and planning research, and draft proposed ordinance language for the Gateway Corridor.
Building on Carl Vinson’s scope of work, the Development Authority of Lumpkin County is interested in hiring an individual or firm to develop the graphic representations of the land use requirements for the Gateway Corridor. Managing the anticipated growth while protecting the natural beauty and quality of life of Lumpkin County is a top priority for the Lumpkin County Board of Commissioners and the Development Authority of Lumpkin County. The Development Authority Board of Directors views this addition to the Carl Vinson project as an opportunity to support the County’s planning efforts, pair resources, and create a more comprehensive document for the Gateway Corridor.
II. Scope of Services Requested:
The Development Authority of Lumpkin County is interested in engaging a qualified individual or firm to provide graphic representations for Lumpkin County’s Gateway Corridor, along the State Hwy 400 from the County line north to the intersection of Hwy 115.
The Authority is interested in a product that can be used as a marketing tool for economic development and branding for Lumpkin County. The product will be made available to property owners, business and building owners, and potential developers when constructing or improving their properties. Visually depicting the regulations for buildings, streetscapes, landscapes, site plans, and signage will better explain the goals, objectives, and land use requirements for the Gateway Corridor.
The firm selected will be responsible for the following, at a minimum:
1. Participation in two Carl Vinson stakeholder meetings.
2. Collaboration with Carl Vinson, County staff, and Development Authority staff to ensure graphics work in tandem and fully illustrate the outcome of the questionnaire and stakeholder meetings conducted by Carl Vinson.
3. Providing a variety of renderings to include, but not limited to, sections, perspectives, architectural elevations, and before and after models that properly illustrate the land use regulations for the Gateway Corridor.
III. Anticipated Deliverables:
The firm shall provide the final conceptual renderings, designs, and associated details in a Design Guideline book. The Design Guideline book will be a user-friendly, easy to navigate, graphic document. The final conceptual renderings and designs will also be provided in a format that can also be used for public presentations and marketing materials.
Proposals shall include the following:
1. A cover letter signed by the appropriate officer of the firm offering the proposal and certifying that the proposal and phased cost projections will remain in effect for 45 days after the due date. (1 page)
2. A concise explanation of the consultant’s understanding of the project, its general approach to the work, the key issues to resolve, and the key deliverables. (1-2 pages)
3. A fee budget based on options for a $25,000 project.
4. Key project personnel and resumes, including any sub consultant resumes.
5. A description of similarly scaled projects within the past ten years and references.
6. Three examples of graphics that could be presented for a project like this.
7. A description of any conflicts of interest.
Responsibility for the selection of the Design Consultant lies with the Development Authority of Lumpkin County Board of Directors. The evaluation will be based upon the written proposal.
The factors which will be evaluated include:
1. The specialized experience of the individual or firm and its assigned personnel on similar projects.
2. The individual or firm’s expertise and technical approach to the project.
3. The overall quality of the individual or firm’s recommended scope of work.
4. The proposed fee.
5. Experience working with rural communities and in community engagement.
6. Concise and clear preferred over quantity.
The Development Authority of Lumpkin County reserves the right to invite a short list of respondents for an interview based upon review of the written submittals.
VI. Timeframe for selection:
The following is the proposed schedule for the selection process:
Monday, May 6, 2019, 5:00 pm EST
Between Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 9:00 am EST and Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 4:30 pm EST
Questions can be submitted via email.
Friday, May 24, 2019, 4:30 pm EST
A summary of all questions and answers will be emailed to all firms and individuals.
Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 4:30 pm EST
Wednesday, June 12, 2019, 5:30 pm EST
Tentative Award Date
June 2019 (date TBD)
Participation in preliminary coordination meeting or conference call with Carl Vinson Institute of Government, Lumpkin County Planning Office, and Development Authority of Lumpkin County.
June & July 2019 (dates TBD)
Participation in two stakeholder meetings in coordination with Carl Vinson Institute of Government, Lumpkin County Planning Office, and Development Authority of Lumpkin County.
Draft Document Submitted
All questions regarding this request should be referred to Rebecca Shirley via email at Rebecca.email@example.com between Tuesday, May 7, 2019, 9:00 am EST and Tuesday, May 21, 2019, 4:30 pm EST.
A summary of all questions and answers will be made available via email to all firms with inquiries by Friday, May 24, 2019, 4:30 pm EST.
The Design Consultant shall submit one copy of the proposal, in pdf via email or pdf via Dropbox, to Rebecca Shirley at Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, May 29, 2019, 4:30 pm EST.
Development Authority of Lumpkin County
194 Courthouse Hill, Annex A
Dahlonega, Georgia 30533