Lumpkin County…where opportunities are golden.
Location, Location, Location
- ATLANTA — 66 miles to the south
- HARTSFIELD JACKSON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT — 75 miles to the south
- PORT OF SAVANNAH — 285 miles to the southeast
- NORTHEAST GEORGIA INLAND PORT (2021) — 24 miles to the southeast
- CHATTANOOGA — 107 miles to the northwest
- KNOXVILLE — 157 miles to the north
Enriching local employment, the county tax base and business opportunity while honoring the history, natural beauty and character of Lumpkin County.
WHO IS THE LUMPKIN COUNTY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY?
WHAT WE DO
The Lumpkin County Development Authority is ready to assist you with:
- identifying property options and facilitating site selection
- determining financing options and incentives
- obtaining necessary permits and licenses and communicating with local government
- promoting workforce expansion and recruitment practices
- constructing customized personnel development and training programs.
Meetings are regularly scheduled for the third Tuesday of each month at 9:00am in the Lumpkin County Administration Building. Agendas or any deviations from the schedule can be located by clicking HERE.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Chairman – Wyman Walden – Owner, True Value Hardware
- Vice Chairman – J. B. Jones – Retired, Lumpkin County Sole Commissioner
- Secretary – Donna Minnich – Owner, State Farm Insurance
- Treasurer – Steven Ferguson – CIO IT and Data Resources, Technical College System of Georgia
- Director – Jim Higdon – Retired, Georgia Municipal Association
- Director – Jim Curtis –Principal, Homecorp, Inc
- Director – John Gaston – Owner, GeoImage
- Director – Joel Hanner – Local Manager, Georgia Power
- Director – Robb Nichols – President, Dahlonega/Lumpkin County Chamber of Commerce
STAFF – INTERIM DIRECTOR
Interim Director – Dee Harris
As Interim Director, Dee oversees the day-to-day operations of the Development Authority, including finances, marketing, community organization, and the Board of Directors. She is also responsible for consulting with both existing local industries and prospective new commerce and maintaining partnerships with state and regional economic development organizations and the Georgia Department of Labor. Dee assumed the position of Interim Director in August 2018. She previously served as the Development Authority’s Administrative Assistant for seven years. Dee has a Master’s degree in Public Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.