A great diversity of businesses have chosen to locate to Dahlonega-Lumpkin County. The Development Authority of Lumpkin County is focused and works daily in collaboration with regional partners and community leaders to recruit, assist, and support industries related to Healthcare Technologies & Services, Hospitality & Tourism, Advanced Manufacturing, and Information Technology.
Top Private Sector Employers
- JTKET North America Corporation, Koyo Bearings North America (Manufacturing)
- RefrigiWear (Manufacturing)
- Mount Sinai Wellness Center (Healthcare)
- Wahoo Dock & Decks (Manufacturing)
- Chelsey Park Health & Rehabilitation (Healthcare)
- North Georgia Concrete (Construction)
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center – Lumpkin (Healthcare)
- Satellite Industries – Polyportables (Manufacturing)
- Montaluce Winery (Agriculture)
- GetUWired (Information Technology)
- Chestatee Ford (Retail, Service)
- Piedmont Automotive (Manufacturing)
- StruXure Outdoors (Manufacturing)
- Dahlonega Assisted Living & Memory Care (Healthcare)
In partnership with University of North Georgia, Lumpkin County provides the innovative talent to harness the growth of various sectors of life science and health information technology.
With the announcement of Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) – Lumpkin campus to be opened in 2022, the healthcare sector of Lumpkin County is expected to grow. NGMC-Lumpkin will become the fourth campus of Northeast Georgia Health System.
Tourism & Hospitality
Dahlonega-Lumpkin County has been riding a wave of success as a tourism destination for more than a decade. When gold was discovered in the early 1800s, Dahlonega ballooned from a tiny hills community to a rough and tumble mining boom town. The new gold, tourism, has taken Dahlonega to new economic heights, thanks an idyllic and dynamic downtown; the perfect place for getaway travel, weekend retreats, family vacations, and destination weddings; an appealing place for aficionados all things wine; and for those who appreciate the beauty of the outdoors.
These resources all sync perfectly with the top three current travel trends. Today’s travelers are looking for destinations with 1) a robust culinary and vintner arts scene; 2) genuine and authentic history, heritage and architecture; and 3) plenty of options for enjoying nature and outdoor adventure.
Our Latest Industry News
Providing Dahlonega with exceptional, award-winning flavors of mead, Etowah Meadery has made its mark within Georgia’s wine country. Not only do they supply the state of Georgia with their unique concoctions, they have managed to make Lumpkin County living just a bit sweeter with their creative enterprise.