A great diversity of businesses have chosen to locate to Dahlonega-Lumpkin County. The Development Authority of Lumpkin County is focused and works daily in collaboration with regional partners and community leaders to recruit, assist, and support industries related to Healthcare Technologies & Services, Hospitality & Tourism, Advanced Manufacturing, and Information Technology.
Top Private Sector Employers
- JTKET North America Corporation, Koyo Bearings North America (Manufacturing)
- RefrigiWear (Manufacturing)
- Mount Sinai Wellness Center (Healthcare)
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center-Lumpkin (Healthcare)
- Wahoo Dock & Decks (Manufacturing)
- Chelsey Park Health & Rehabilitation (Healthcare)
- North Georgia Concrete (Construction)
- Montaluce Winery (Agriculture)
- Chestatee Ford (Retail, Service)
- GetUWired (Information Technology)
- StruXure Outdoor (Manufacturing)
- Satellite Industries – Polyportables (Manufacturing)
- Piedmont Automotive (Manufacturing)
- Dahlonega Assisted Living & Memory Care (Healthcare)
In partnership with University of North Georgia, Lumpkin County provides the innovative talent to harness the growth of various sectors of life science and health information technology.
With the announcement of Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) – Lumpkin campus to be opened in 2022, the healthcare sector of Lumpkin County is expected to grow. NGMC-Lumpkin will become the fourth campus of Northeast Georgia Health System.
Tourism & Hospitality
Dahlonega-Lumpkin County has been riding a wave of success as a tourism destination for more than a decade. When gold was discovered in the early 1800s, Dahlonega ballooned from a tiny hills community to a rough and tumble mining boom town. The new gold, tourism, has taken Dahlonega to new economic heights, thanks an idyllic and dynamic downtown; the perfect place for getaway travel, weekend retreats, family vacations, and destination weddings; an appealing place for aficionados all things wine; and for those who appreciate the beauty of the outdoors.
These resources all sync perfectly with the top three current travel trends. Today’s travelers are looking for destinations with 1) a robust culinary and vintner arts scene; 2) genuine and authentic history, heritage and architecture; and 3) plenty of options for enjoying nature and outdoor adventure.
Our Latest Industry News
In 2013 Richard & Andrew Snoby located Snoby Separation Systems LLC...
The Lumpkin County Gateway Corridor Overlay District & Design Guidelines were adopted by the Lumpkin County Board of Commissioners effective January 1, 2020. The purpose of Design Guidelines document is to provide a single design resource for the County and its private partners to develop areas in a uniform, coordinated manner.
StruXure Outdoor began in 2011 with just two people. By 2019, StruXure Outdoor has expanded to two facilities, one in Henderson, Nevada and the other here, in Lumpkin County, Georgia, and employ approximately 80 people.