Key Industries and Leading Employers
We’re Welcoming the Growth
The Development Authority of Lumpkin County is focused and works daily in collaboration with regional partners and community leaders to recruit, assist, and support industries related to Light Manufacturing, Headquarters, Healthcare & Social Services, and Hospitality.
- Lumpkin County has a total of 32 manufacturing businesses and a workforce that is attractive to many manufacturing employers with a balanced mix of both skilled trade workers and advanced degree holders.
- The manufacturing industry accounts for 8.5% of the jobs in Lumpkin County and is the number one employer in all of the goods-producing industries.
- Lumpkin County businesses benefit from the educational institutions in the region that provide training and degrees the support manufacturing operations.
- Lumpkin County is a highly attractive destination for corporate headquarters, regional offices, and government department centers – offering a high quality of life, competitive business environment, and supportive infrastructure.
- Georgia is consistently ranked one of the best states for business in the nation.
- Lumpkin County is a physically attractive community that offers an diverse housing stock.
- Lumpkin County is a family-friendly community with numerous outdoor recreation opportunities and excellent schools.
- The community has an overall business environment and quality of life that is an attractive location for businesses to locate and for employees to enjoy!
Healthcare & Wellness
- With the announcement of Northeast Georgia Medical Center (NGMC) – Lumpkin campus to be opened in 2023, the healthcare sector of Lumpkin County is expected to grow. NGMC-Lumpkin will become the fourth campus of Northeast Georgia Health System.
- Lumpkin County has a total of 74 establishments in the Healthcare and social assistance industry and account for 14.8% of the jobs in Lumpkin County.
- In partnership with Lumpkin County School System, University of North Georgia, Lanier Technical College, and Northeast Georgia Health Systems, Lumpkin County provides the innovative talent to harness the growth of various sectors of life science including health information technology, research & development, and medical manufacturing.
- The region’s demographics provide the life sciences industry with a young workforce and a growth market of those needing healthcare services in the same region.
- Dahlonega-Lumpkin County includes a historic downtown, plentiful outdoor recreation opportunities (kayaking/canoeing, fishing, mountain biking, running), Appalachian Trail, and numerous wineries.
- Throughout the year, the City of Dahlonega hosts arts venues, holiday/community events, and outdoor music.
- Lumpkin County, named the South’s Best Mountain Town by Southern Living, is nestled in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains in Northeast Georgia.
- Lumpkin County has a retail gap of approximately $21 million within the Food Service & Drinking subsector.
Retail & Entertainment
Lumpkin County is home to companies seeking to flourish and grow in a positive business environment while maintaining a sense of hometown atmosphere. Highly diversified and international, Lumpkin is home to companies with national and global recognition, producing high-quality products, all within a competitive and business-friendly community, and state.
- 5th Ranger Training Battalion
- Chelsey Park Health & Rehabilitation
- Chestatee Ford
- City of Dahlonega
- JTEKT North America Corporation
- Lumpkin County Government
- Lumpkin County School System
- Mount Sinai Wellness Center
- Northeast Georgia Health System
- Satellite Industries
- Southern Switches
- StruXure Outdoor
- The Home Depot
- University of North Georgia
- Wahoo Decks
- Wahoo Docks
Find out how your business can thrive in Lumpkin County by contacting our team. We’re here to help you succeed.